Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    Wow! I'm going to be very very close. I'm totally going.

I have a summer job (hooray, 1 year after graduation...) in the Delaware Water Gap, only 1 hour away from Parsippany.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Confirmed that I will not be going. I've got a wedding to attend in Tennessee on that same weekend.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    We should have a SW convention. But where would we have it so that everybody could contend?
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Don't worry about NJ's gas law, Just sit back and relax and the gas is usually a few cents cheaper then surrounding states. The only time you want to "intervene" will be if like you are going 390 miles on a tank that will usually do 430. The pump jockeys are not real good about topping off the tank or even close to it.

With the Saab, no as much the issue but my old Volvo would take an extra 2 gallons past the initial click off. After midnight, I like those 2 extra gallons.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnanxwd View Post
    Don't worry about NJ's gas law, Just sit back and relax and the gas is usually a few cents cheaper then surrounding states. The only time you want to "intervene" will be if like you are going 390 miles on a tank that will usually do 430. The pump jockeys are not real good about topping off the tank or even close to it.

With the Saab, no as much the issue but my old Volvo would take an extra 2 gallons past the initial click off. After midnight, I like those 2 extra gallons.
    My car will shut off the pump right away even on an empty tank if you're not careful. Problem with the Evap system. Need to fix, but never enough time to muck around and I don't fill up that often.
    My requirement is that the gas attendant speak good english, so I can verbally communicate that he'll have to run the pump a bit slow.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Article: Saab Owners Convention 2011 in Parsippany, New Jersey, USA

Scott Hutchings
    Too much to do, no time! SaabScott's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-7X 5.3i
    OK, so (almost) final check.

Who is going? I'm all booked and am starting to make my driving plans ... looking to head out of the GTA area early on the Thursday morning to ensure we get to registration that day. Have to be ready to go for the parts tent the next morning!
    President, The Saab Club of Canada
    www.SaabClub.ca

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Their website shows registration has been extended to August 13th so still time to sign up this week.

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    I'm fairly sure I'll be going. Not going to pre-register, though. I'm just getting a day pass, probably for Saturday, and these aren't available online. The trouble is, my job in Jersey may end before then, putting me out of housing (I live and work in the Del. Water Gap National Recreation Area). My bosses (of which there are too many) cannot decide how much work they have for me and the fisheries crew here, so it's possible I could be kicked out before the weekend of the SOC.

Scott Hutchings
    Too much to do, no time! SaabScott's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-7X 5.3i
    From the SCNA web site ...

SOC2011 Registration Extended!!
    Breaking News - Convention Update - We've just extended registration until Saturday August 13th! Please note - we cannot guarantee that t-shirts will be available for late registrants.

Registration for the 2011 Saab Owners Convention is now open until Saturday, August 13th. As you probably already know, this year's SOC will take place in Parsippany, NJ at the Hilton from August 18-21, where we will be celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Saab Convertible! The new 9-4X will be there, and we are hoping Saab will be able to bring down a brand new 9-5 SportCombi as well. Head on over to http://saabconvention.com for all the details, or go immediately to the registration page before you forget! Remember, the drop-dead registration date is Saturday, August 13th. After that, it's day passes only -- you don't want to miss the Keynote and Awards Banquets, or the great deals in the parts tent, do you?!
    President, The Saab Club of Canada
    www.SaabClub.ca