Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -

Post Saablink.net sold to new owner - site outtage 11/11/2010

Details of current new owner....

Registrant:
    Deccan Foods Inc.

259 Maupassant
    Dollard Des Ormeaux, QC H9G3B6
    Canada

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: SAABLINK.NET
    Created on: 28-Oct-03
    Expires on: 14-Feb-11
    Last Updated on: 09-Nov-10

Administrative Contact:
    Uddin, Saad suddin@mobecomm.com
    Deccan Foods Inc.
    259 Maupassant
    Canada
    +1.5145857990 Fax -- +1.5146202251

Technical Contact:
    Uddin, Saad suddin@mobecomm.com
    Deccan Foods Inc.
    259 Maupassant
    Canada
    +1.5145857990 Fax -- +1.5146202251

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS53.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    NS54.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
    Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

Site has allegedly sold for the sum of $70.... and no chance was made to site members to purchase.

Previous owner was Cerdic Boyd - founder

Saablink was Founded October 2003

Contact attempts to both previous owner and current have been made with no success.

Current owner "Saad" has previously owned saabscene a UK based web forum, as well as newbeetle.com and currently owns altavistaautos.com
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Did the previous owner loose interest or just moved on from Saab? You mentioned they can't be contacted but I imagine the previous owner is still a member, no? Hopefully, it's not going to have any serious consequences for the forum.

Site is working fine for me right now.
    Last edited by nordwulf; 11 November 2010 at 14:13. Reason: speeling

Jeffrey
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Site has been transferred to it's new server - new owner has now introduced himself and actually owns a Saab. Previous owner/founder I believe has just moved on in life, has not owned a Saab or been active for a few years now and I believe is going through a tough patch right now in life.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    So is the new owner in it for the profit? Or because he likes Saabs... doesn't seem like there is much profit to be had.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Frank
    Saab(s)
    A motorcycle forum I visit was recently purchased by some media company http://www.verticalscope.com/ . Suddenly, ads are starting to pop up all over the place, new admins who don't have any emotional link to the forum and you can now become a "premium member" with a yearly fee. I hope Saablink.net won't have the same thing. It just seems wrong members and moderators make the forum and a company gets the financial and other benefits. It's pretty much the same thing with SaabCentral.

What do the SaabLink members think? I couldn't find a thread about this.

Saab(s)
    73 99 EMS, 91 900T
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    Site has allegedly sold for the sum of $70.... and no chance was made to site members to purchase.

Previous owner was Cerdic Boyd - founder

Saablink was Founded October 2003

Contact attempts to both previous owner and current have been made with no success.

Current owner "Saad" has previously owned saabscene a UK based web forum, as well as newbeetle.com and currently owns altavistaautos.com

That number is very very low from what I've heard, there was an "offer" on the table a few weeks ago that I considered completely absurd, if Ced actually sold it for that the new owner is a total idiot. Seems that the new owner should really come forward and stop the rumors, but my guess is that it is in fact one of those groups that buys up forums and fills them with ads, too bad if thats the truth.

Paul

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Make sure to read the fine print when they change the terms of service. On that motorcycle forum I mentioned earlier, any content you post effectivly becomes theirs and they can do with it whatever they want.

You agree to grant to STROMTROOPER.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups or forums of STROMTROOPER.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to STROMTROOPER.COM and in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, you grant to STROMTROOPER.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other VerticalScope Inc. web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against VerticalScope Inc. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to STROMTROOPER.COM.
    And that's just a small part of their 'agreement'. http://www.verticalscope.com/aboutus...romtrooper.com

I am not saying TSL is going to be the same way but these kind of take-overs scare me.

Saab(s)
    73 99 EMS, 91 900T
    Thats really not that out of the ordinary though, most of the time its assumed that if you post on an internet forum that the postings become property of that site. Sounds weird, but from what I understand of it that's how it goes. The thing I dont like about the whole situation is how little the people that have been effectively running the site know about the transaction. If the buyer was someone that wanted to keep things like they are, I would think they would have introduced themselves properly and explained the situation already.

Paul

Jeffrey
    Saab(s)
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Yeah - I didn't think the entire site would have sold for $70 - that would have been rubbish. The site domain is what I guess sold for $70?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]I'm still amazed that there has not been an official post yet about this transaction. Very very poor execution I must say - and If I see a single pop-up ad on the site I am gone.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

Saab(s)
    92, 94 9000; 86 SPG; (2)87, 90 Convert
    burns, I'm also from TSL, but since yesterday I haven't been able to log in to the site. Did something change about login that I'm not aware of?