Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    Looking for a 9-5 Aero Wagon

Where to look for Saab's for sale?

I'm an old school Audi guy and really like them up till about 1996. My wife had an 2004 Allroad from 2006 till 2009 and it just was too much $ to own. We got rid of the car, but could really use a wagon in the fleet.

I am strongly considering an ealry 9-5 wagon and would really like an Aero. Can you fellows help point me in a direction where I might be able to find some for sale? I've searched CL and eBay. Tried a few dealers and such. Any help is appreicated.

Paul

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    www.cars.com usually has a good selection and you can search by zip code, year, body style, features etc.

www.autotrader.com usually has a good selection as well but I haven't used that much lately.

Welcome to SaabWorld!

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    just listed ours last night on CL - I also posted a link in the marketplace here today. I work in Huntingdon Valley! I live in Lansdale - so let me know if you are interested. I will update my post in the market place with the upgrades and work done to it.

see here: http://saabworld.net/showthread.php/...=3274#post3274

car is not an Aero - but is faster then a stock "Linear" car. It's 20HP shy of an Aero!
    Last edited by Burnsside42; 16 November 2010 at 18:23.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    Thanks guys, I have also looked at the Autotrader but just was hopping to find something like AudiFans http://www.audifans.com/marketplace/..._audifans_Cars for the Saab Cars.

In May at Carlisle PA there is an import show I attend with the Audi guys, but there is a pretty bid Saab contingent too. Do you guys attend it too?

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    J. CArter is the SAAB sales manager for General Sales SAAB/Cadillac in West Chester, PA, get in touch with him

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by PxTx View Post
    In May at Carlisle PA there is an import show I attend with the Audi guys, but there is a pretty bid Saab contingent too. Do you guys attend it too?
    Burnsside does I'm pretty sure. If I remember correctly, he mentions meeting up with a bunch of other Saab guys there, but he'll be able to tell you more than me.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Yep - Saab's @ Carlisle I have been attending for 5 or 6 years now. The Saab group has been the largest at the Import & Kit Car day for a few years (you guys don't even try it seems... lol) and This past year Saab took a record of a largest group ever to show on the field I believe. We've also been selected 2 years in a row as the "Most Fun Group for the Event Staff to Hangout with." We welcome competition - but no other group ever comes close.

We have an official Kegg too for TSL - we all spend the weekend camping out and drinking all weekend from Friday night till we leave Sunday. Come join us, Saab or not - we do not hate others, we embrace!

Interested in my 9-5 at all?
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    Yes, I wouldn't mind talking to you about your car. I think I sent you an email on CL before you posted here. I also sent you a PM on this site. Feel free to get back however you choose and we'll exchange info.

Todd
    Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 Aero VTuner Stage 0
    Quote Originally Posted by PxTx View Post
    Attended last year as well. You'll definitely fit right in.

Swedish Motors in Harrisburg has a 9-3 Combi.

http://www.swedishmotors.com/cars/pa...ils.asp?id=577

Despite the listing it is an auto. They're a priced a little higher but you'll be hard pressed to find a better serviced vehicle from a dealer.

Saab(s)
    I have to admit, I'm not real into Saab cars but I've never owned one. The 9-5 is the right size for what we need and seems to be at a good price point. I would rather not take a note, or I would probably consider other wagons if I was willing to spend ofer $20k.

The Carlisle event is fun. Despite only winning the Coolest Club 304 years ago, the Audi crowd is plenty of fun too. We show movies on the side of my 28' enclosed trailer on Saturday nights. I'm not so into the Beer Bong, but they've got a Quatto Bong for those who like to party hard. I'd look forward to strolling over to the Saab area in 2011. Maybe My wife will have her Saab by then.

The Audi I bring is an old 4000 quattro with a 20vt 5 cyl 2.2l. It really ins't much, but I did take a stock 9.5:1 motor and crank up the boost to 25psi and it makes about 275 hp. Is there anything special you would have to do with a Saab motor to get similar results?