Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    06' 9-5 Sportcombi, 06' Sport Sedan

CPO warranty transfer?

I bought my wife a 06' 9-5 recently and when she took it in to get the extra programmed she found out the car had a CPO warranty until 100k. Now this issue is the Saab dealer says she needs to call corporate to change the CPO warranty over to her name. Now corporate is telling her that isn't true that the dealer has to do it.

So does anyone here know this answer to this dilemma?

Thanks ahead of time, Terry

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    I would think the dealer has the access to do this. Again - corp. shouldn't have a problem doing so either... You have more leverage with the dealer I'd think - tell them to get it done if they would like to see you as a return customer if that doesn't work, call corp. back I guess.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I always thought CPO was linked to a VIN and it shouldn't matter who the owner is or who brings it in to the dealer. I bought my 2006 9-5 from a Saab dealer and I didn't have to do anything myself. So I am assuming my dealer took care of everything if something had to be done in the first place.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    06' 9-5 Sportcombi, 06' Sport Sedan
    Wulf, I think you are right about the vin thing. Because the dealer said they thought it went by the vin# too. To bad it took 4 phone calls to either person to find out. Thanks again guys and have a good day!