Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 wagon
    I did a single din install to include the inline device to save from destroying the saab factory amp... the left side reads left & right front speakers. The right side L&R rear sub. I just connected all to the standard speaker locs not any subs (not installed) the front speakers work great but all im getting out of the rear is very low muddled bassey music... I'm afraid to straight wire to the rear speakers via the dash and fry the Saabs factory amp... any feedback appreciated.. I did play with the gain on the inline but it just acted like a volume knob. Thanks

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Sross76 View Post
    I did a single din install to include the inline device to save from destroying the saab factory amp..
    What's this inline device you're talking about? If your head unit has pre-amp outputs for front and rear, just use those connections.

Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 wagon

Stereo

Quote Originally Posted by nordwulf View Post
    What's this inline device you're talking about? If your head unit has pre-amp outputs for front and rear, just use those connections.
    Lp6-4 line output converter was what I was told I had to use at the stereo shop, said id have to use it or it would fry the factory saab amp...

Frank
    Saab(s)
    The stereo shop is wrong. You should connect the pre-amp outputs from your aftermarket head unit directly to the Saab amplifier inputs as shown in post 4 of this thread.
    http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?...full=1#post306

You probably have to add a Ground Loop Isolator between the pre-amp output and car amplifier but any other converters are not needed. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EAWRZG

Picture of the wiring by Aeronaut.
    http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?...ll=1#post55655

Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 wagon
    Awsome, thanks!

Saab(s)
    2003, 9-5 3.0T
    Hi everyone,
    ı just bought a 2003 9-5 3.0L with a factory installed Kenwood navigation system installed with HK 9 speakers system. And today i bought a JVC-KW-M730BT.
    Just to be sure can i replace this unit without having problems.
    thx for help. I have just read the topic from first to last page. Printed out the first couple pages as a reference already.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    The specs show it has front and rear line-out connections and it is 2-Din size. I don't see why it should be different from any other head unit install in this thread so it should work.

Looks like a great system. Good luck!

Saab(s)
    2003, 9-5 3.0T
    Thx Frank,
    Hope everything will be fine. and i will post the photos ASAP..

Saab(s)
    2003, 9-5 3.0T
    Hi everybody,
    Yesterday i have managed to replace the factory installed Kenwood audio with Navigation with a newer 2DIN JVC model. As the back of the main unit was totally different then the ones i have seen here i didnt understand which cable is which and i took my car to a audio center here in Utrecht (Netherlands). By luck there was a really nice and willing to help guy. It took him to finish it almost 6 hours.
    The most strange thing was when he removed the head unit from the dash the radio or CD changer was still working and voice was on the speakers. In a way the unit was just a screen itself. All the main units (radio/Cd changer/ navigation system) was installed back in the trunk.
    There is 2 amplifiers in the car one is in the right side of the right front foot place and the second one is under the rear right seat. So he checked all the cables one by one and first in order to understand which is which. And then he used 2 packs of ready cables by small cuttings and bypasses. Of course for now the steering wheel controls are not working.
    And then everything was OK at the end. Now the system is using the 2 amplifiers and 9 HK speakers from the factory. The sound is really amazing. It was a bit stresfull waiting but now it worth.
    The only thing is the finishing . part is not so good now. It is bit inside the front panel but we will fix it in couple of days.
    Both the Android Auto and the Apple Car Play is working perfectly fine.

So don't believe them who says it is not possible to replace the original head unit even on the 2003 SAAB 9-5 (ARC) 3.0L with Kenwood Navigation system.

I will post the photos tomorrow.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 Saab 9-5 Aero
    My Wife murdered our Factory Subs, well I have a 250 Watt Rockford Fosgate 10" in a sealed box that's just sitting around. Is it possible to wire this Sub in to the Factory Subs wiring?