Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 95 4 banger
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
    I suggest you start at page 22 of the owner's manual and work through to page 31, you can find a copy here https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...ERATION+MANUAL
    Can you elaborate? There is nothing directly relating to my problem.

Edit: Crutch field is sending me a replacement. I called and they were unable to figure it out. Better luck this time.

I also ordered some ground loop isolators.
    Last edited by saab--story; 20 May 2019 at 16:43.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by saab--story View Post
    Can you elaborate? There is nothing directly relating to my problem.

Edit: Crutch field is sending me a replacement. I called and they were unable to figure it out. Better luck this time.

I also ordered some ground loop isolators.
    Limited to using my phone at the moment. I was suggesting that it might be a set-up issue and those pages cover set-up but I can't check that. A replacement unit sound like a solution, hope it works.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2005 Saab 9-5 Sportwagon, Parchment Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo View Post
    Has anyone been successful in remapping one of the steering wheel buttons to Siri/google assistant?
    Following up here. I finally got my steering wheel controls to work, using the PAC swi-cp5 https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalo...cement/swi-cp5 Everything works, except the Siri/voice button. I’m using an Alpine ilx-007 CarPlay head unit.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Following up here. I finally got my steering wheel controls to work, using the PAC swi-cp5 https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalo...cement/swi-cp5 Everything works, except the Siri/voice button. I’m using an Alpine ilx-007 CarPlay head unit.
    Figured it out, with help from PAC customer service (very responsive, btw, shout out to them). I. Happy to share what they sent me if anyone needs it.

Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 2.3T 9 speaker
    Hey been reading the forum and saw the GLI and it looked like you put it on the steering wheel control if i was not going to get the steering wheel control where would i put that

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Figured it out, with help from PAC customer service (very responsive, btw, shout out to them). I. Happy to share what they sent me if anyone needs it.
    Sadly, the swi-cp5 kills the shifter paddles. And the swi-RC doesn’t support VRA/Siri. All confirmed by PAC. So, it’s shifter paddles or Siri, but not both...

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Sadly, the swi-cp5 kills the shifter paddles. And the swi-RC doesn’t support VRA/Siri. All confirmed by PAC. So, it’s shifter paddles or Siri, but not both...
    Ended up installing the swi-RC, as I use the paddle shifters pretty regularly. Damn.

Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 2.3T 9 speaker

GLI

Could you use the PAC SNI-1 Noise Isolator form amazon to get rid of the poping sound

Saab(s)
    1989 Saab 900 Aero, 1994 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon
    Hi. Thanks nordwulf and others for providing all these info for installing an aftermarket radio on saab's 9-5.
    I have a 2004 9-5 Aero automatic with wheel shifters. It has a cd player and a cassette player but not nav. It also has the woofer at the back. (I think it is the Prestige 5D- according to http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=25402).
    I am not going to install NAV.
    I am planning to install a Sony XAV-AC200.
    I bought everything on the list including the PAC SWI-RC.
    Couple of questions.
    ON post #6 (Bypass/ Hack)Where do I connect the wire on the sony harness (Insert the yellow/black wire in between the two black wires (4th pin) on the bottom row. You may have to lift the tab on the connector with a small pointy object like a needle.)see pic
    Name:  somy ax200.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  55.8 KB
    To double check
    According to the post #4 (Metra Harness) and sony harness the connections are going to be
    Metra Harness - Sony Harness
    4 - 1
    2 - 8
    7 - 4
    Illum wire (No 5) to head light switch
    Acc wire (No 3) to headlight switch
    And connect No 6 wire (Sony Harness) to the Ground,
    I am left with the above mentioned yellow black wire that I do not know where to connect it.
    Also on the PAC's website it says do not cut the purple wire. A lot of people here did cut it. Which is the correct. Do I cut it or not. I'll post pictures when I get all the parts and start the operation. Thanks again.

Saab(s)
    1989 Saab 900 Aero, 1994 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon
    I got the removal tool so I said to look whats going on behind the scenes.
    The stock radio is Pioneer, and also there is a Bluetooth install which of what I learn was installed by the dealer as an option when the car was sold as new. see pictures.
    Couple of additional questions.
    The Pioneer has three harnesses, Do I just use the two only that connect to the metra harness and forget about the third one?
    Also, the bluetooth is Motorola and it seems that is connected to the onstar (?) If I remove all this clutter will it be ok? I do not want 2 bluetooth devices in the car.
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  58.1 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  48.2 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  63.7 KB
    Name:  image3.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  68.0 KBName:  image2.jpg
Views: 943
Size:  75.6 KBName:  image1.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  48.8 KB

The mic although I like its placement is a weird connection (Not the normal mini-jack or usb or anything I've seen before) and cannot be used with the new aftermarket radio, so I'll order one and try to route it like the one that it is right now. ( Do not know why the pictures are rotated. The originals are on correct orientation.