Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by DYAS181 View Post
    Frank you do a great job here and thanks for your quick answers. Can you please look for me to this model pioneer avh x8750bt if is good to fit in my saab 95-1998. Thank you and appreciate.
    The only unusual difference I see is the 4V pre-outs. The head unit that I had and many others have 2V preouts. I don't know if the Saab factory amp is going to like this 4V or not. Perhaps it doesn't matter at all but I just don't know.

By providing a strong signal, with less noise and more definition, the Hi-Volt pre-outs reduce demand on the input circuit of the amps so they can work with lower gain settings, resulting in improved sound quality and a wider dynamic range.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 9-5 Aero Sportcombi . 2000 9-5 SE wagon

aftermarket double din

Hey Frank,

Just completed the power & dimmer to light switch mod.......NERVOUS!!!!!!!..........it looks like a matra style harness but colours are all different ..........the original kenwood one wasn't used, so I had to check,double check,triple check......and again that all the colours were right.......got my multi meter on to confirm ACC power...........then did it.

Crossed my fingers & waited for any smoke.........all good, turned key to OFF.............unit started up!!!...............turned lights on ...it dimmed!!!

turned to LOCK..........unit.....off....cooling fan at rear of kenwood was heard for 10 seconds...then silence. So hopefully its DONE.

Will tackle all the rest....next weekend........daunting task!!! If I don't wake up to a flat battery I'll be stoked!! Thanks heaps Frank.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2004 9 -5 Aero

Metra harness

Im currently using the metra harness that the link in the thread gave me (benz 99-04). The harness doesnt seem to come with wires for the speakers

Name:  harness.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  35.6 KB

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by jlstewart3 View Post
    Im currently using the metra harness that the link in the thread gave me (benz 99-04). The harness doesnt seem to come with wires for the speakers
    The pre-out speaker wires are the ones with the white/grey and purple/green RCA connectors.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Hi Frank, 'Uncle',

I have the SWI-JACK for steering controls ( as I have paddles in my 03 ), just to confirm -am I still cutting the purple loop wire with this unit ---or leave it?

Thanks guys.

**unit is working great so far ---I've also ordered a clarion double din kit from the USA ----as the "saab 9-5" specific one here, that cost $AU150!!!!!!!! is a CRAP fit....not happy.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    ah...disregard guys--found it in the thread

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Hi Frank, Gents,
    Here is completed install. Installer didn't use RCAs or wire in dimmer so I followed Frank's tutorial with RCAs + GLI's & did a better job!! PERFECT.
    Steering controls not in yet as SWC-PAC-jack failed to work. PAC-RC on order.

Thanks

Name:  WP_20150713_11_19_30_Pro.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  40.8 KB
    Last edited by Aeroclone; 13 July 2015 at 22:57.

Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 Aero Sedan
    Wulf, thanks so much for this tutorial. Helped me tremendously in installing my radio. For those who may be wondering like I was, I got the Chinese Full Android stereo/navigation system that is real similar to the two posted in this thread a couple pages ago. These stereos do not require the steering wheel adapter, you just have to connect the correct wire on the radio harness to the blue wire on the SID and then program in settings.

I have a quick question, my stereo uses the signal from the reverse to activate the rear view camera. I checked fuse #2 (reversing lights) to see if it only came on with the car in reverse, but they are always on. My reverse lights only come on in reverse (like they should), and I just recently fixed the wiring problem that happened where the trunk wiring frays and falls apart going from the trunk lid to the car.

Is there another place to tap into the reverse wire (under the dash) only when the car is actually in reverse? Or is there a problem in my reverse light wiring system that is making the location at the fuse always hot?

Thought I would ask before I run wires back to the trunk area and connect there where it only is hot when in reverse.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2005 9-5 Aero sedan
    Just wanted to comment that your dash looks great! Is that the 3M wrap I've seen people talk about? I've got the OEM Carbon Fiber on my main dash, but not on the shifter surround, so it looks a little odd. Maybe I'll need to do this to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroclone View Post
    Hi Frank, Gents,
    Here is completed install. Installer didn't use RCAs or wire in dimmer so I followed Frank's tutorial with RCAs + GLI's & did a better job!! PERFECT.
    Steering controls not in yet as SWC-PAC-jack failed to work. PAC-RC on order.

Thanks

Name:  WP_20150713_11_19_30_Pro.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  40.8 KB

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Thanks for that mate, yeah I was very pleased with the result & yes its 3M. There was something about the high gloss SAAB carbon fiber dash that didn't appeal to me, so I pondered about doing it for a while --then took the plunge.

Quite straightforward to do and improves the whole look of the interior (black & grey). Go for it ----take your time & you will like it more & more, every time you get in your car.

Appreciate your comment