Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 Gary fisher
    Pretty much. At least for me it was. Of course I have a Pyle. Which is the right description for it. I’m sure it would be easier with a newer better h/u. I still wound not want to pay someone by the hour to figure it out though. Lol

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Michael Monscheuer
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 sedan 2001, 9-5 station 2001
    The other day the PAC SWI PS arrived which I had ordered at amazon in the US - the device isn't available in Germany for some strange reason.
    I went for the PAC SWI PS since the PAK SWI RC gave Toka100 some headaches and the local car-hifi workshop didn't manage at all to put it to work.

Today I got the chance to do the SWI PS' installation in my grease monkey's _heated_ workshop...

In short: Success w/o any woes !

After having done the wiring I set the SWI to version 11 ("Saab 9-5 mode") and taught it the steering wheel buttons.
    Worked out of the box, no further attempts needed.

I have no idea WTF the experts at the car-hifi workshop tried since there is no obvious reason
    why one should fail in putting this gear to work (the SWI's RC version should be pretty much the same).

Frank reported he needed to insert a 1k Ohm resistor between the SWI's white and inner purple wire.
    This wasn't necessary in my case, it worked right away w/o any resistor. I'm not sure what exactly
    this resistor does, but it's probably some kind of pull up. At least the resistance values being different
    from Frank's suggest this:

Horn 7 Ohm
    Vol- 84
    Vol+ 155
    SRC 243
    Seek> 349
    Seek< 556
    NXT 754
    Normal 1K

There is just one thing worth mentioning:
    According to the SWI’s instructions the steering wheel’s button meant to work as “Mute”
    needs to be pressed 3rd when “programming” the SWI. Interstingly, this does not result
    in “Mute” but “Attenuation” with the Pioneer z810dab. At least attenuation is sufficient,
    it’s “Almost mute”. :-)

Anyone having a lucid explanation for this ?

Funny enough, the Pioneer’s manual doesn’t mention at all that it features “Attenuation”.

Michael Monscheuer
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 sedan 2001, 9-5 station 2001
    The Pioneer z810dab head unit has been in use for about three months now and I'm fully satisfied with the device's features and operability.
    And a problem with the speed signal (unit got lost of the car's position in tunnels) could be rectified, finally:
    The experts at the car-hifi workshop connected the signal to the wrong input on the head unit...

Today I got around taking a few pix of the beast...

Splash screen one now is presented with when firing the beast up:

Name:  headunit_1.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  38.4 KB

Digital radio...

Name:  headunit_2.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  44.5 KB

Navigation...

Name:  headunit_3.jpg
Views: 1088
Size:  34.4 KB

Music video played from USB drive...

Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 Aero
    Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've got an '04 9-5 Aero with Automatic & flappy paddles. I'm in the US, and my CD player is dead and my cassette player is giving me a tape err 03. So I figured it's time to bite the bullet and replace my head unit with a more modern one. I've pretty much landed on the Pioneer AVH-2550NEX as the replacement. However the installer says that they can't get the steering wheel controls to work with any aftermarket units.

I know from reading some of the posts in this thread that it is possible to do this, but I'm confused as to what interface controller I need for this. I saw there's one from Incartec out of the UK, and I can order that one if need be, but I'm hoping there's one in the US so I don't have to wait so long for shipping.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Saab(s)
    9-5 Estate 2.3T Vector
    Hi all,

First of all, many thanks to Nordwulf. Without his guide I wouldn't have made it this far.

But I'm having one last problem. There's no remote turn on for my amplifier. Weird, I know. I should have investigated this better before buying this radio. I made a connection with the Ignition. But that gives me a loud plop when the amplifier turns on.

What can be done about this? Should I use the 12V from the battery in stead?

Looking forward to your replies.

Frank

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 95 4 banger
    Does anyone have a good source for a double to single din headunit sleeve converter part? I have the dreaded "Radio code" failure on my 2001 95, and its a massive pain. I didn't expect simple getting a replacement headunit to cost hundreds of dollars in the end.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 95 4 banger
    Hey guys, I set up my new Pioneer DEH-S4120BT and I'm having some trouble

First, I have a pop sound coming every time I turn off the car. Haven't figured out why its doing that as of yet.

Second, I'm getting no sound out of the rear speakers. I've switched the aux wires form the rear output to my front output and I can get sound to the rear that way. I haven't been able to solve it otherwise. There's no issue with the fader settings so outside of that I am lost.

Any help would be appreciated.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by saab--story View Post
    Hey guys, I set up my new Pioneer DEH-S4120BT and I'm having some trouble

First, I have a pop sound coming every time I turn off the car. Haven't figured out why its doing that as of yet.

Second, I'm getting no sound out of the rear speakers. I've switched the aux wires form the rear output to my front output and I can get sound to the rear that way. I haven't been able to solve it otherwise. There's no issue with the fader settings so outside of that I am lost.

Any help would be appreciated.
    I suggest you start at page 22 of the owner's manual and work through to page 31, you can find a copy here https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...ERATION+MANUAL

Saab(s)
    2006 9-5 2.3T Stage 3
    To cure the 'pop' you need ground loop isolators. See post #13.

Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-5 2.3T 9 speaker

iPod cable

Do you need the iPod cable for the install or is it just if you want to use your iPod for music