Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I added a Classifieds widget to the front page so it now shows the 4 latest ads in the Classifieds. Hopefully, the many visitors reading the articles see this, think that it's pretty cool and start adding their own ads. The Classifieds is the most underrated and least used section on SaabWorld, in my opinion.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I added a new section for dealers and other businesses to advertise their cars for sale. Cars for Sale - Commercial - SaabWorld Classifieds

It never hurts to see what's for sale, right?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Should we mix dealer ads with private seller ads like it is set up right now? I also added the models (only for US right now) so perhaps it's easier to browse.

United States - SaabWorld Marketplace

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I am currently testing a different Classifieds product so you may see Classifieds and Marketplace in the navigation bar. Classifieds is the new software.

I have been discussing on the Dutch Saab forum how we could take this further and create a good European (and worldwide) database of everything Saab for sale. Currently, it's a major hassle to find anything in different countries. Link to the forum thread: Google Translate

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Something is up with the classified when I try to contact a seller via the link on a page for a given item. I get a message that I'm trying to contact an invalid member.

This is the ad I was on...
    Classifieds: Car going to the CRUSHER sale. All parts will be sold
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I have seen that error before. The message is actually sent OK and the receiver should see it in their notifications. I doesn't look like the receiver gets an instant email notification so I'll need to look into that.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    When you thought the SW Marketplace couldn't get any better.. the software was upgraded today and there are many enhancements and a few new features. I particularly like the different grid views and especially the Block view with a thumbnail, description, seller name and price.

I noticed a small bug where all sellers are marked Commercial in block view. Also, some search fields are missing but they should be back soon.

Thanks everybody for adding to the Marketplace. If you know any dealers, parts sellers, junkyards, private sellers wanting to sell any Saab stuff, let them know about our Marketplace. Let people know on other forums in other countries as well.

Name:  marketplace.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  106.0 KB

Frank
    Saab(s)
    The Marketplace also has a review system where buyers and sellers can rate each other. It's nice to see what a buyer has bought and a seller has sold in the past, together with a review of the transaction. Unfortunately, the Marketplace hasn't been used much but perhaps it needs more time.

Name:  marketplace2.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  37.5 KB
    Name:  marketplace.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  45.4 KB

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    Someone (who only logged in once and has zero posts) "bought" something from me, and then never contacted me again. At least I've got a few things up there. Seems to work well!

The only functionality problem I've observed is that I get the "database error" message when I try to renew my expired ads.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Actually, this is not a "user friendly" layout for this type of classified. There is something about the visual display of items or actually a lack of visual ergonomics. What happens it that I never look here. It is pretty obscure and out of the mainstream of message traffic. It also seems to be limited in terms of time and/or number of items. One of the Volvo forums "Sweedspeed" has a pretty nice layout but it too has flaws. SC isn't half bad either with North America, Parts and wham bam, you are not looking at stuff you would never ship from NZ or EU but the "cat back" or wheels will pop out.

That may be one of the things that draws people to a site too. In the last three weeks I have purchased two sets of wheels, last year, more wheels and a GPS but never seem to see things listed here?
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum