Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    For all the SW members, we need to make a list!

Did you add the zipcode and country to your vehicle? It's not showing up on the map.
    Yes - a few times

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    In layman's terms, I think it means we have a great admin. Always improving little things here and there, and spending countless hours tweaking and working on the site. Thank you Wulf!
    Agreed - he does one thing which another new owner to an older forum doesn't do - post to inform you that there is site maintenance occuring and let's you know what to expect may happend as result - as to keep the readers and members from becoming all frazzled Props! I also noticed today that the site seems to be loading faster! This was my main issue with this site was the time it takes to load vs. other forums and pages - but it seems to be much better, at least today.

Keep up the good work! I'd be happy to assist anyway needed - I am a good PR guy FYI - I did this for MANY years over on Saablink and I still do. I have begun spreading the SW word too. Back when saablink was only a few months old I wanted to help get sponsers, but the site owner was never good about getting details together to pass on and such. Just a FYI - if you need me, I'm here to help.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Thanks for the kind words! This place has been taking up a lot of time in the last few months but it is fun. Many things are done behind the scenes which regular visitors/members normally don't even notice. The problem is I can't leave "just-ok" things alone and want make them right. And it always seems the little things that can take up the most time. But the site only works because we have many great members and content so far.

I think all these new features will make SW more than just a forum. We have a good classifieds system and I think the Garage will take it to the next level. All these add-ons have to play nice with each other. If something goes wrong or doesn't work right, you'll need to make it up as you go along. I am trying to stay away from the free vB mods because support often is so much better with paid software.

I am seeing right now the site logs you out when you access the Garage. What's up with that??

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I am seeing right now the site logs you out when you access the Garage. What's up with that??
    Was about to say that, but figured it was because you were flipped a switch so you could tinker with it without people adding stuff to it. But for me, I don't think it logs me out, it just doesn't recognize that I'm logged in... no matter how many times I log in.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    That's a weird problem.. It's at the top of my list of things to fix.

New Products Require Approval?
    New Business Require Approval?

I have set these to No right now. Too many approval requests from Burnsside..!

Burnsside, you seem to be able to add products so the Garage doesn't kick you out?

Jeffrey
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    That's a weird problem.. It's at the top of my list of things to fix.

New Products Require Approval?
    New Business Require Approval?

I have set these to No right now. Too many approval requests from Burnsside..!

Burnsside, you seem to be able to add products so the Garage doesn't kick you out?
    Negative - not having that problem on my end - haven't been logged off yet

I am seeing some mods like "Aero Springs" not showing on the list - yet it was approved? Says it's there but I can't see it.

Just thought I'd take a few minutes since the automatic approval is working nice.... figured I'd load up SAS's catalogue real quick and EPL Performance Trionic tunes that are more common. Is there a way to disable the PM's from the approval list? Those get annoying really fast
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Now it's working fine again and keeps me logged-in in the Garage. Oh well, as long as the problem is fixed. Must have been a system gremlin somewhere..

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    Negative - not having that problem on my end - haven't been logged off yet

I am seeing some mods like "Aero Springs" not showing on the list - yet it was approved? Says it's there but I can't see it.

Just thought I'd take a few minutes since the automatic approval is working nice.... figured I'd load up SAS's catalogue real quick and EPL Performance Trionic tunes that are more common. Is there a way to disable the PM's from the approval list? Those get annoying really fast
    Is SAS a retail business or do they actually manufacture parts? You added products like sway bars and brake lines. Do they manufacture those or were they made by another manufacturer?

I am not seeing the Aero Springs approval request. Can you forward the PM to me of what you received?

Jeffrey
    Saab(s)
    Is SAS a retail business or do they actually manufacture parts? You added products like sway bars and brake lines. Do they manufacture those or were they made by another manufacturer?

I am not seeing the Aero Springs approval request. Can you forward the PM to me of what you received?
    I am about 99% certain SAS does build their own products which they sell.

PM being sent!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Yes, these products should be showing up for Saab. At least they do in the Admin section but not on the regular pages. I'll investigate.

Engine '85 Exhaust Cam
    Suspension AERO SPRINGS
    Transmission Type-8 Primary Drive Chains
    Brakes Vented Front Brakes (Pre-'88 C900)
    Exterior
    E-Code Bumper Strips

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    I am about 99% certain SAS does build their own products which they sell.
    That's good then. I never heard of them before so I automatically assumed they were a retailer selling other manufacturer products.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Yes, these products should be showing up for Saab. At least they do in the Admin section but not on the regular pages. I'll investigate.

Engine '85 Exhaust Cam
    Suspension AERO SPRINGS
    Transmission Type-8 Primary Drive Chains
    Brakes Vented Front Brakes (Pre-'88 C900)
    Exterior
    E-Code Bumper Strips
    The problem is caused by the apostrophe in the product name (Pre-'88). I submitted this bug report so hopefully it will be fixed in a future version. For now, please don't use any if you remember. I changed the product name to Vented Front Brakes (Pre-1988 C900) and Exhaust Cam and products are showing up again.

Edit: The code has been updated. It won't cause a problem anymore but will remove the apostrophe from a manufacturer or product name in the display.