Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    I use iPhoto on my Mac to export a ton of photos at once, in custom resolution. There are really a zillion ways to do this, aren't there.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by euromobile900 View Post
    There are really a zillion ways to do this, aren't there.
    I guess you could open it on your computer, take a picture of your computer screen... after setting up desired resolution on your camera, then upload that picture. I think quality might suffer a tad though

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    There is a new Vehicle Class field. This was originally used for Compact/Midsize/Large/Fullsize etc but it'll be used for Bodystyle on our site. So when you go to Search for vehicles in the Garage, you can select this field and search for just Wagons, for example.

You'll need to edit your existing vehicles if you want to include this field for your Saab. It will automatically show up when you add a new vehicle.

So far, I have these body styles in there.

Sedan/Saloon
    Wagon/Estate
    Convertible/Cabriolet
    Hatchback
    Crossover/SUV

Anything missing? What bodystyle is a Sonett? Is that a Coupe?

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    neat! Has lots of very neat things to add to the cars. Very cool program for the site - hope it does not use too much bandwith! lol

For the mods - you need to get a much more complete list. Takes too long to add them and get approved, then it doesn't even stick the pending mod onto the profile when it does get approved. VERY time consuming Overall neat however and I am willing to waste many hours on the program - but alas I will have to do so from home since the work PC is too slow with java.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    For the mods - you need to get a much more complete list.
    For all the SW members, we need to make a list!

Another option is not to require approval for now so anyone can add new products. But that may create duplicate entries with different/wrong spelling/wrong categories etc. This can be cleaned up though.

I think it will take some time to make a comprehensive database but it will also be an important asset. Like when you search for a certain product and you can immediately see all other Saabs it has been installed on. Or checking out a vendor and see who purchased from them.
    http://saabworld.net/garage.php?do=shops

Did you add the zipcode and country to your vehicle? It's not showing up on the map.
    http://saabworld.net/garage.php?do=veh_map

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Any reason that under the "Browse" section it isn't updating how many cars are under each section?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    Any reason that under the "Browse" section it isn't updating how many cars are under each section?
    There is a manual update of the numbers available (done 5 minutes ago) but need to find out if that can de done automatically.

Here is a motorcycle forum with the same Garage software.
    BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry - VB Pro Garage

It's interesting to see what a valuable resource/registry it can become with 1000+ vehicles. Keeping all these records of your car can also be valuable when you want to sell it.

Future versions will have a VIN field and you can already move a vehicle in the garage from one member/owner to another. It would be cool to see a complete history of a car by different owners.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I'll be doing some maintenance and making a few changes in the Garage in the next few hours. The Garage may be closed or links can appear broken or missing. Don't add any new cars/mods etc for now. I'll update when it is safe to do so again.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    We're trying to convert dynamic URLs to static and more descriptive URLs for the Garage. Search engines like static URLs much better. It's an ongoing process but you can use the Garage to add and modify entries. But it still may appear unavailable at times.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    We're trying to convert dynamic URLs to static and more descriptive URLs for the Garage. Search engines like static URLs much better. It's an ongoing process but you can use the Garage to add and modify entries. But it still may appear unavailable at times.
    In layman's terms, I think it means we have a great admin. Always improving little things here and there, and spending countless hours tweaking and working on the site. Thank you Wulf!