Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6

Yearly Maintenance and costs for 2007 9-3 Saab 2.8 V6 MT6, DSI by Jlrdrony

Name:  aero1mx3.jpg
Views: 5433
Size:  17.7 KB
    [FONT=Arial,Bold, sans-serif]DSI=Dedicated Service Intervals[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Bold, sans-serif]Saab 9-3 Dedicated Service Intervals[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Your Saab 9-3 is equipped with the Saab Instrument Display (SID). It is programmed to provide maintenance reminders based on driving habits, ambient temperature, the number of cold starts, elapsed time and kilometers driven since the last service.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The reminders are:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Intermediate Service[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Main Service[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Intermediate and Main Service[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Bold, sans-serif]Intermediate Service [/FONT]
    – [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Intermediate Service indicates that an oil and filter change is required along with several other services and inspections. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The timing/distance of this reminder may vary based on the above parameters. Saab strongly recommends that your first service (Intermediate Service) be performed when Intermediate Service is displayed on your SID or no later than 1 year or 16,000 kilometres (whichever comes first) from your Saab's delivery date. The SID will also provide a reminder for subsequent Intermediate Services. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Saab recommends that these also be performed when Intermediate Service is displayed on the SID, but no later than one year or 16,000 kilometers (whichever comes first) from the last Intermediate Service.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Bold, sans-serif]Intermediate and Main Service[/FONT]
    – [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This service indicates that an oil and filter change is required along with additional maintenance such as air cleaner element or spark plug replacement. The timing/distance of this reminder may vary based on the above[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]parameters. Saab strongly recommends that the Intermediate and Main Service be performed when this reminder appears on your vehicle's SID. This service is a combination of the above Intermediate Service and the additional recommended services and inspections that are included in the Main Service.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This service should be performed when Intermediate and Main Service is displayed on your SID but no later than 2 years or 32,000 kilometres (whichever comes first) from your last Main or Main and Intermediate Service.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The SID will also provide a reminder for subsequent Intermediate and Main Services. Saab recommends that these also be performed when Intermediate and Main Service is displayed but no later than 2 years or 32,000 kilometres (whichever comes first) from the last Main or Intermediate and Main Service.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Bold, sans-serif]Main Service [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This service indicates that additional maintenance is necessary such as an air cleaner element or spark plug replacement. The timing/distance of this reminder may vary based on the distance driven.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Saab strongly recommends that your first Main Service be performed when Main Service is displayed on your SID but no later than 2 years or 32,000 kilometres (whichever comes first) from your Saab's delivery date.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The SID will also provide a reminder for subsequent Main Services. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Saab recommends that these also be performed when Main Service is displayed on the SID, but no later than 2 years or 32,000 kilometres (whichever comes first) from the last Main Service.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]See the Saab 9-3 Dedicated Service Program chart, in this manual, for service interval detail.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Bold, sans-serif]Engine Oil and Filter Changes[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The changing of the engine oil and filter is required at every service interval. Use only a Saab approved long-life oil filter and engine oils meeting the SAC viscosity ratings and API service classifications stated in the[/FONT]
    “[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Technical data” section of Owner's Manual.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Saab approved engine oils are specifically designed to meet your engine's specific needs. Your Saab gasoline engine is designed to use only fully synthetic oil that meets the GM-LL-A025 specification with viscosity of SAE 0W-30 or SAE 0W-40. Oil used at service intervals or for “topping up” must meet these specifications. Note that the use of engine oil additives is not necessary and is not recommended as they may be harmful to turbochargers.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]please note:
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]More frequent oil and filter changes are recommended at 8,000 kilometre intervals if your vehicle is operated under one or more of the following conditions:
    [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]-Most of the trips are less the 5 or 10 minutes.
    -This is particularly important if the outside temperature is below freezing;
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    -Most trips include extensive idling such as driving in stop and go traffic;
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]-Most of the trips are through dusty areas;[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    -The vehicle frequently tows a trailer or uses a roof top carrier;
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
    -The vehicle is used commercially such as for delivery or as a taxi.
    [/FONT]

Name:  intervalservice.png
Views: 5785
Size:  292.8 KB

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6

My first Service at Saab Dealer for yearly maintenance

my warranty period was for two years and I had a free service maintenance..

INTERMEDIATE 16.000kms/10.000MILES / 1 Yr.
    Name:  1120kmh5jk6.jpg
Views: 5393
Size:  13.6 KB
    at My first revision: one year interval.
    Date: January, 30th, 2008 Cost €0, free.
    - dealer only had refilled fluid levels. and said, not necessary to change oil at 56% oil quality.
    Dealer also aligned the hood in the engine bay, as I requested; after that, The hood not closed right but I did at home.

please note:
    to check the oil dipstick lever no over pass the maximum level, it may damage the valves of your engine.
    I had to vacuum some oil (300ml)
    Name:  overoiliz7.jpg
Views: 5690
Size:  195.1 KB

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6

Tire Pressure, tread depth and tire wear check

Name:  04012009045ws3.jpg
Views: 5390
Size:  38.3 KB
    the tire inflation pressure label is located in the glove-box:
    Name:  dsc00006bv.jpg
Views: 9743
Size:  83.5 KB

When I checked the tires, I found a spot in the front right tire.

Name:  wheels (6).jpg
Views: 5355
Size:  49.0 KB
    in the summer vacations 2008,
    I had to rotate the tire to the left rear side against other theories of the best tires always in the rear axle.

some of the plastic covers bolt were cracked so I got a new set of 20 pieces from dealer for 6€.
    Name:  04012009043qy7.jpg
Views: 5304
Size:  15.9 KB

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    recommended tools in the trunk:
    the set:
    Name:  dsc00125lt9.jpg
Views: 5278
Size:  26.1 KB

inside the yellow bag:
    Name:  dsc00122ad0.jpg
Views: 5293
Size:  52.7 KB

gloves
    Name:  04012009050vk3.jpg
Views: 5259
Size:  38.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Norbert
    Saab(s)
    9.3 cab 1.9D electricblue

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jlrdrony View Post
    the tire inflation pressure label is located in the glove-box:
    just a small comment: I'm used to run on 3.0 bar

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6

Car protection cover

for the summer, 2008;
    - I bought a protection car cover for €50 in a big auto supermarket. it is very practical (for electronics, and plastic material, color degradation..) for these hot sunny days with more than 100ºF or nearly the 40ºC.

Name:  cover.jpg
Views: 5319
Size:  28.4 KB

2008, December,
    I replaced the cabin filter and the air filter before go to the dealer for and oil&filter service for cheaper (I prefer my DIY)
    see attached more photos "on how I replaced the cabin filter"
    I paid for both filters about €30 at Saab dealer.

closing the yearly 2008 costs for a holidays car:
    Kilometers ride .................. nearly 10000 Kms,
    insurance.............................607€
    maintenance.........................80€
    gasoline ............................1137€
    highway ..............................203€
    total...............................................2027€
    Last edited by jlrSAAB; 05 December 2010 at 17:09.

Norbert
    Saab(s)
    9.3 cab 1.9D electricblue
    well, this is independent from the car
    since having a 2CV, I'm running on 0,5 above the max.
    and drive well app. 700.000 km ...

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6

My second Service at Saab Dealer for my first oil and filter change

2009, January,

my first oil and filter engine change was done with 25345 kilometers and two years period.
    see the invoice

Name:  aceitefact.jpg
Views: 5268
Size:  44.1 KB

the oil used is GM super-synthetic long life 5W30
    Name:  26042010075.jpg
Views: 8779
Size:  86.6 KB
    it sound expensive but not for the quality. I will keep for two years the oil change.
    The rest of the revision, DIY:
    Oil leakage .................................................. ........................................OK ,
    Quality of brake fluid ................................................ .........................N/A,
    Brake fluid level .................................................. ................................OK,

Battery state ...........................................................................................OK,
    Lighting .................................................. ..................................................OK,
    State and stressed the belt propulsion,
    Including the automatic belt tensioner,-....................................... .N/A
    Brakes pads, .................................................... ....................................OK
    Pressure and tire wear, ......................................................................OK.
    Cabin air filter, .................................................. ..................................replaced.
    Last edited by jlrSAAB; 05 December 2010 at 16:54.

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6

Update the SID, oil quality indicator service

see the pictures:

as you can see the Main Service start form the beginning (0....KMS / or / car manufacturer date. Right now had passed from intermediate to Main Service with the 57% than is OK.

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6

How to replace the batteries on the key - remote; steps

DIY
    To assure the key-knob functionality, I use to change the batteries on both keys once a year. the old batteries (3V yet) I use them for others devices applications. by this way, the remote no need to be programmed in you car.
    1.- get new battery of this type:

2.- Test the voltaje:

as result, 3,26V ok.
    3.- get apart the mechanical key, pressing saab symbol and pull out the mechanical key.

4.- How to open the remote control to unfasten the clips.

5.- open it and change the battery.

ASAP fasten and close the remote taking care no pressing the buttons to keep the key programmed.
    note: 5 activations on remote control of the buttons loose the synchronization with the car.

5.- go to the car and open it as normal. the keys are functional without programming.
    6.- check the key number in the sid