Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

Garage - wish list and bug report

We have been using it for about a week now and I found things that could use improvement. We should maintain a list of problems and features/changes we want to see in future versions. The guy who developed this software is actually very quick with fixes and open to new ideas.

Wish list

Services
    • Split up in maintenance and repairs
    • Add a comment field for services (i.e. add type of oil used)
    • Allow multiple service entries when adding services
    • on vehicle page - Sort by miles/kiometers
    • in drop-down box - sort alphabetically

Vehicles
    • New vehicle field to distinguish between Current and Previous vehicle if you have more than 1 vehicle - Show current vehicle on top/in first position
    • Sort field for vehicles i.e. mark as 1st Saab, 2nd Saab etc.
    • Vehicle page - remove Direct Link Code and BB Link code fields or move to bottom of page

General
    • Rename Zip field to Postal Code (to make it more international)
    • Rename Mileage field to Odometer

Modifications on vehicle page
    • Align Manufacturer - Modification etc columns

Bug report

1. Database error when adding a comment to an image - Adding comments to vehicles works fine
    2. On vehicle page, clicking on an Insurance entry link doesn't result in any information on the next page. Link format wrong (points to fuel details?) http://saabworld.net/garage_insuranc...ser_fuel&id=22
    3. Purchase price not showing on vehicle page

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I don't know if it does it, but is it possible that it can tell/compare things like 1 mile to 1 kilometer?

I like your idea on ownership. You should be able to say if it was your car, and if you sell it, you can transfer to the current owner (if they are on the boards). Also, for passed vehicles, an area to show the years and milage you owned it.

I also think there needs to be a difference in maintenance and repairs, and more choices in each of them. Also like your idea on the comment area for things such as oil type and things like that.

Can businesses/garages... be tweaked after being created? Is it admin only? Might want to make it so the mods can tweak them if necessary.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Any reason the cars you put in "My Saabs" can't be links to the garage, instead of the thing that says "Vehicles" under you username? Just an idea. Then when you add vehicles to your garage, they appear in the "My Saabs". Of course, it would only display what you currently own. Too advanced?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    Any reason the cars you put in "My Saabs" can't be links to the garage, instead of the thing that says "Vehicles" under you username? Just an idea. Then when you add vehicles to your garage, they appear in the "My Saabs". Of course, it would only display what you currently own. Too advanced?
    'My Saabs' is actually a custom field I created and added to the Postbit (area with your avatar, username, post count etc. It's not a standard vBulletin field so integrating that withe Garage seems difficult.

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    We have been using it for about a week now and I found things that could use improvement. We should maintain a list of problems and features/changes we want to see in future versions. The guy who developed this software is actually very quick with fixes and open to new ideas.

Wish list

Services

• Split up in maintenance and repairs
    • Add a comment field for services (i.e. add type of oil used)
    • Allow multiple service entries when adding services
    • on vehicle page - Sort by miles/kiometers
    • in drop-down box - sort alphabetically

talking about services types,
    minor service=intermediate service?
    mayor service=main service?
    many services types to be included:
    the breakdowns repairs are not modifications in the car.
    i.e.:the clutch kit replacement, brakes pads, rotors, headlamps, body parts, electrical parts.
    I placed the battery and the gas cap filler in Minor Service.
    a new member must know for easy where to input the data. "like a free input in type service" to save you work.

only comments, congrats for you great job.

regards

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I don't know if it does it, but is it possible that it can tell/compare things like 1 mile to 1 kilometer?
    Do you mean showing both km and miles in the same field? For example, on a vehicle page for the Mileage field?

I also think there needs to be a difference in maintenance and repairs, and more choices in each of them. Also like your idea on the comment area for things such as oil type and things like that.
    Perhaps even better to have it as a product field instead of a free text field? Pretty similar to the Modifications so you can add

Manfucturer = Castrol
    Product = Syntec 5W-40

Manufacturer = Mobil
    Product = 3309 ATF

Manufacturer: NGK
    Product = NGK PFR6H-10

And so on. Or would that make it too difficult to use and maintain the product database?

I am currently adding tires as a modification but it is really a wear/service item. But still interesting to track and group tires we all use. It's a thin line between service/wear and modifications..

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Do you mean showing both km and miles in the same field? For example, on a vehicle page for the Mileage field?
    I mean, can the system tell that 1km is shorter than 1 mile? So when it compares things like "Car with most mileage" and stuff like that, or for things like MPG and what not, it can accurately know which one is higher and lower.

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    I don't mind to use a converter to miles or MPG
    in my car I can see in Metric and Imperial units.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I mean, can the system tell that 1km is shorter than 1 mile? So when it compares things like "Car with most mileage" and stuff like that, or for things like MPG and what not, it can accurately know which one is higher and lower.
    One way to find out is by trying. I changed one of my previous cars to 240,000 kms and it updated the front page correctly. I am seeing jlrdrony's mileage in MPG and I am sure he entered these numbers as liters and kilometers.

Name:  2010-12-07_18-02-13.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  40.2 KB

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    see my garage in miles and gallons