Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I just tried it and nothing seems to happen. I also tried it with a SC link and that doesn't work either. So perhaps it's a Digg problem?

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I just got it to work... appears I wasn't fully registered with Digg.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I signed up, received a registration email but I didn't look at it. I guess there was a registration link in there?

First time I used those social bookmarking services so I am not really familiar with them.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Yeah, you've just got to click the link in the email... that did the trick. I also "Like It" on Stumble Upon... though Digg and Stumble couldn't hurt.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Searching "Saab forum" on Google now puts us at the top of the third page. Last time I check (a month or so ago) we were at page 11 or 12. Still not even in the top 15 for Bing.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    "Win already Free stickers!"

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Google searches seem to be influenced by previous searches and use on a computer. I tried it on a pc which I haven't used for anything Saab or SW and searching for "saab forum" shows SW on page 7. When I search the same on my regular PC at work, SW comes up on the first page at position #4.

You may have noticed I changed the forum title form "SaabWorld Forums" to "SaabWorld Forums - Saab forum, blog, brochure, video, image, media, press archive, repair, news (9-3, 9-4, 9-5, 900, 9000)". Search engines seem to pickup these main site titles better than meta tags. "saab forums" shows SW on the 2nd page but that's because the original site name was SaabWorld Forums. Adding the second "forum" in the title may help as well.

Searching for more specific terms are giving good results though. "Saab 9-5 ATF change" puts SW ahead of SC. "Saab 9-3 dash speakers" puts SW in first place. "Saab 9-3 oil change" doesn't put SW on the first page but "Saab 9-3 oil change instructions" shows Dave's post in the 4th spot/1st page. Thread titles and automatic URL matching seem to be the key for this.

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    my subjection is "Saab a World Forum"

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Muchas gracias jlrdrony for introducing SaabWorld to the Spanish Saab forums!

http://www.clubsaabespana.com/phpBB3...22946&p=321296
    http://www.saaberos.com/foro/present...-el-mundo.html

Everybody there is more than welcome to share a few pictures in the Saab picture thread so we can see what cars our Spanish Saab friends are driving. Or anything else, really. It would be cool to read about any Club events and meetings in the Europe forum. This is a global forum where the common language happens to be English. I hope there isn't a language barrier for anyone.

Jose Luis
    Saab(s)
    2007 93 Aero 2.8 V6
    Quote Originally Posted by jlrdrony View Post
    my subjection is "Saab a World Forum"
    this quote was for the google search, change the name of the forum, to be in the first row in all the Saab forums located in the mentioned search.
    sorry to be so short.

languages barriers.......

Muchas gracias jlrdrony for introducing SaabWorld to the Spanish Saab forums!
    it is my pleasure to be here.

This is a global forum where the common language happens to be English. I hope there isn't a language barrier for anyone.
    Google translator will help.....
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]El Club Saab España en la XII Jornadas de puertas abiertas del Jarama[/FONT]