Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    Searching "Saab forum" on Google now puts us at the top of the third page. Last time I check (a month or so ago) we were at page 11 or 12. Still not even in the top 15 for Bing.
    We have come a long way in just a year. These are the current results for searching:

Searching for: saab forums

1. saabcentral.com (VerticalScope)
    2. saabforums.com (Internet Brands)
    3. saabnet.com (Enthusiast owned)
    4. saabforum.org (Madison Ross Media Group)
    5. saabworld.net (Enthusiast owned)
    6. saabscene.com (VerticalScope)
    7. saablink.net (VerticalScope)
    8. saabing.com (?)

That's ahead of the 2 VerticalScope owned sites which have been online much longer and have much more content..! saabforums.com and saabforum.org only have the domain name going for those sites and don't have much content or traffic.. Not bad for our site that's a bit over a year old.

Searching for: saab forum

1. saabcentral.com
    2. saabforum.org
    3. saabnet.com
    4. saabforums.com
    5. saabworld.net
    6. saablink.net
    7. saabscene.com
    8. saabing.com
    9. 93forum.com

It'll only be a couple of years before we reach #1 in Google, right? It takes time but we're doing something right.

I am curious to find out how a Google search show results from Europe, Australia and other area's. I am a bit surprised UKSaabs • Index page isn't showing up in these results.

Please report if any of these Google search results are different for anyone.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    I would anticipate that traffic is down all over. Probably due to the fact that Saab is not selling cars there is going to be a ripple effect. I have felt that the number of "I am thinking of getting an Aero" kind of threads are down.

I know, a few times with all of this depressing stuff, I have paused and clicked into an airplane forum instead. It all adds up.

Politics? Probably plays a huge role. Someone mentioned (don't quote me but kinda'), a British versus American sentiment over on SC. True?

IM not so HO, it was not so much Brit versus US but there were a number of folks from "other places" who loved to hate on Americans ... just mention the word Corvette and they would lather and foam at the mouth. Then there were/are "My Saab is the greatest thing since sliced bread and BMW's suck" jerks. My take on them is that they need to feel superior and whatever they are driving has got to be the best in a "quirky" kind of way. Call me nuts but I wish I could have a like 10 car garage. A Saab or two and a Morgan and a TVR and a Beemer CS series and ...

Tech stuff? That seems to have dropped across the boards.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Perhaps people get burned out on forums in general after while. There is only so many times you can help and talk about the same things. And Saab is a very small car company to begin with so that limits the number of owners and enthusiasts as well. On the other hand, that makes it much more personal and many seem to know each other in the small world of Saab. If it wasn't for this place, I probably wouldn't be on any Saab forum either anymore.

It's interesting to see the UK and US Saab enthusiasts are mostly separated, even though they have the same language in common. But that's the same between the different countries in Europe.

It could be the dominance of the big-box forum operators and the lower quality of content in general. This is an interesting article that shows how the number of enthusiast-owned forums are disappearing quickly. Vertical Scope & Internet Brands: Buying Up First Page SERPsSecureFreak

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd

oops

Sorry Wulf, I worded that in an awkward fashion. I never really felt a division between the Brits and Americans on the site except for a rare instance perhaps.

If there was any difference or less communication, comments or banter I think it was because it seems Saabs of the UK were of a markedly different "flavor" and much more diverse than we have here. They had more engine choices not to mention diesel options so usually if there was a question it was better answered by the Euros.

I do miss people like David Morgan and such, the "generalists" who own or have owned a variety of cars. Posting on the old Citroen or Rovers and such. The latest from Lexus just puts me to sleep; I'd rather watch paint dry or listen to my old 914 rust.
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum