Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59
  1. #41
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 May 2014
    Location
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Posts
    45
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by TapacUA View Post
    The struts mounts they replaced, were they the same ones as the previous or with a new plastic?
    I asked my dealer in Maywood NJ to research that, cause Cadillac had same issue, and they replace those mounts with they ones that will not make the scrubbing noise, some new plastic that takes the cold.
    (funny fact --> I noticed when I was in Canada last month for a few days, it was -25C outside, and the mounts did not make any noise when I was turning the steering wheal. The car was outside all the time. Here in NJ I keep it in heated garage, so it only makes noise when it cools off outside. I guess maybe after the temp change it will make noise)
    The rear tail light, I bough one from them, and installed it myself, it's only 2 screws. And no one can do a better job!!! I did it with love! lol
    They told me they used the updated part for they SRX (they had originally used mine as a company car for Hendrick and have already replaced the part once before because of the scrubbing), so my guess is that it would be the plastic part. I noticed that mine would scrub really badly between 20-35 degrees, but colder than that and it would not scrub. I keep mine outdoors (under a carport at home or parking deck when I am on the road) and mine still scrubbed, so I don't think the garage affects it that much.

    I would've bought the taillight and replaced it myself (I'm not too repair savvy, but could easily do things like that) but couldn't get it for less than my $100 warranty deductible, so I just let that cover it. It may not have been done with love, but my wallet still loves me after

    As a side note, they also had 2 other 9-4x's in the shop while mine was in there - something I haven't seen anywhere else. Brings my total sightings up to 5 of them (including mine).

    0 Not allowed!

  2. #42
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 Dec 2012
    Location
    Jersey City NJ
    Posts
    38
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X Aero, '07 9-3 Aero Conv, had 9-3 Conv (99) 9000 (86)
    Thumbs Up:   0
    of course, if you have warranty covering it then def go for it.
    I have a third party warranty, but did not call them for the light. probably should've done it.
    I might have seen yours also, I was there over a year ago, looking at black 9-4X Aero, and saw the 2 black premiums for service also that day.
    The black aero had 40k on it and they wanted 30k. test drove it, heard a lot of clicking noises. but at the same time there was another one in San Francisco for 30k with 12k miles on it. So I got it. But the sales people were very friendly and professional. And the service department was professional also. If I lived closer I would def service my Saabs there.

    0 Not allowed!

  3. #43
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 Dec 2012
    Location
    Jersey City NJ
    Posts
    38
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X Aero, '07 9-3 Aero Conv, had 9-3 Conv (99) 9000 (86)
    Thumbs Up:   0
    so once I replace my mounts I have to mention also to use the newer ones from SRX
    Thanks for the info!

    the new thing I'm working on is to get rear fog light to work, apparently they are there, (under the reverse light) but no switch. Head light switch needs to be replaced for that.
    The fog light LED is there.

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #44
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 May 2014
    Location
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Posts
    45
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Thumbs Up:   0
    The black Aero was there whenever I bought mine. They had it down to $26k with 49k miles at the time. You may have seen mine; it's a silver premium. I was going to go for the Aero, but mine had 20k miles less and they dropped the price to $19k, and since mine had the same features except the Fog Lights (actually wish I had those), DVD and rear heat/air controls (No kids so that is no concern for me) I decided to go with the Silver Premium. They let me drive a loaner 9-5NG when mine was in and I'm considering buying it from them to keep miles down on my 9-4x. It was a 2011 Turbo4 with Navi and Sunroof; only 19k miles and they said they could probably meet me somewhere in the $12k range. It is about 2 hours from either of my locations, but is a 10x better dealership than the ones I've been to in Greensboro and Winston-Salem.

    Good luck getting your rear fog light to work. I may ask them about it next time I am up that way and see if they can tell me anything for you.

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #45
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 Dec 2012
    Location
    Jersey City NJ
    Posts
    38
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X Aero, '07 9-3 Aero Conv, had 9-3 Conv (99) 9000 (86)
    Thumbs Up:   0
    with front fog lights it's an easy solution for you. part 94708773 and 94708774 (left and right) get them and get a new head light switch with front fog light button (get the one with rear fog also) everything is pre-wired already.
    I'm looking for the front fog light that have build in LED lights, if not I'll get a LED conversion kit for H10 bulbs. (that' what they use)

    0 Not allowed!

  6. #46
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 May 2014
    Location
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Posts
    45
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by TapacUA View Post
    with front fog lights it's an easy solution for you. part 94708773 and 94708774 (left and right) get them and get a new head light switch with front fog light button (get the one with rear fog also) everything is pre-wired already.
    I'm looking for the front fog light that have build in LED lights, if not I'll get a LED conversion kit for H10 bulbs. (that' what they use)
    Thank you so much! I knew that the fake grill sections were the same size, but I didn't know they were already pre-wired. That is definitely something I am going to work on this summer. Would mine have the rear fog light as well since it didn't have it the fog lights stock? And would the head light button be the one from the the 9-5NG (I haven't seen one with rear lights for the 9-4X)?

    0 Not allowed!

  7. #47
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 Dec 2012
    Location
    Jersey City NJ
    Posts
    38
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X Aero, '07 9-3 Aero Conv, had 9-3 Conv (99) 9000 (86)
    Thumbs Up:   0
    check out my post here

    http://saabworld.net/f141/unknown-li...e-light-31177/

    you car should have those LED light also, open the "cargo gate" lol and take the cover off for the light access, peek down, and if you see the metal grill like on the pic, you have the light and it will work for you.

    I saw one 9-4X for sale pix with split button for rear/front fog light

    0 Not allowed!

  8. #48
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 Dec 2012
    Location
    Jersey City NJ
    Posts
    38
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X Aero, '07 9-3 Aero Conv, had 9-3 Conv (99) 9000 (86)
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathannm View Post
    The black Aero was there whenever I bought mine. They had it down to $26k with 49k miles at the time. You may have seen mine; it's a silver premium. I was going to go for the Aero, but mine had 20k miles less and they dropped the price to $19k, and since mine had the same features except the Fog Lights (actually wish I had those), DVD and rear heat/air controls (No kids so that is no concern for me) I decided to go with the Silver Premium. They let me drive a loaner 9-5NG when mine was in and I'm considering buying it from them to keep miles down on my 9-4x. It was a 2011 Turbo4 with Navi and Sunroof; only 19k miles and they said they could probably meet me somewhere in the $12k range. It is about 2 hours from either of my locations, but is a 10x better dealership than the ones I've been to in Greensboro and Winston-Salem.

    Good luck getting your rear fog light to work. I may ask them about it next time I am up that way and see if they can tell me anything for you.
    looks like you git a good deal, especially the warranty.. I always get those too..
    buying a 9-5 sounds pretty good, I'm looking for one also, something for less money to have a fun car...
    Navigation in 9-5 is very important, also vented seats. I always check out cars.com

    0 Not allowed!

  9. #49
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 May 2014
    Location
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Posts
    45
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by TapacUA View Post
    check out my post here

    http://saabworld.net/f141/unknown-li...e-light-31177/

    you car should have those LED light also, open the "cargo gate" lol and take the cover off for the light access, peek down, and if you see the metal grill like on the pic, you have the light and it will work for you.

    I saw one 9-4X for sale pix with split button for rear/front fog light
    I do have the rear fog lights (would have never realized it if you would not have said something). I'm emailing OEM Saab Parts right now asking about Trailer Hitch availability and I will ask about the dual button for headlights. Will post what I find out. Thanks!

    0 Not allowed!

  10. #50
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 May 2014
    Location
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Posts
    45
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by TapacUA View Post
    looks like you git a good deal, especially the warranty.. I always get those too..
    buying a 9-5 sounds pretty good, I'm looking for one also, something for less money to have a fun car...
    Navigation in 9-5 is very important, also vented seats. I always check out cars.com
    I figured out very quickly that I have to look for good deals or else I would run myself into the hole pretty quickly. The 9-5 isn't in perfect condition, but it has been owned by the dealership so I know it has been mechanically maintained. I drive about 10 hours from the mountains to the coast every 2 weeks, and I would like something that is better on gas, but still as comfortable, and still looks good. The 9-4X is good to have when it snows in the mountains, but a smaller car would be nice for traveling back and forth.

    0 Not allowed!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 2010-2011 Saab 9-5 NG: service, repair, parts and reliability
    By nordwulf in forum Saab 9-5 (2010-2012)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 19 September 2017, 20:15
  2. Saab 9-3 reliability: better info
    By mkaresh in forum Saab 9-3 (2003-2014)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 27 September 2016, 14:53
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27 July 2012, 14:17
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23 July 2012, 14:07
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10 February 2012, 14:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:42.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.