Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59
  1. #51
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 Dec 2012
    Location
    Jersey City NJ
    Posts
    38
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X Aero, '07 9-3 Aero Conv, had 9-3 Conv (99) 9000 (86)
    Thumbs Up:   0
    yes, and it's still a Saab.. that would def be a good choice...
    I was considering Aero, but regular 9-5 is tempting cause of the economical engine.. but def get the one with navi and sunroof, those are very practical

    0 Not allowed!

  2. #52
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 May 2014
    Location
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Posts
    45
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Just heard back from the Saab Parts dealer and he said "there is a button for the rear fogs but they are only turned on through the BCM at speeds above 60 miles an hour." So apparently it comes on automatically and that is why they weren't installed with a button. I'm assuming if you had the button it would override it, but there is still no guarantee.

    0 Not allowed!

  3. #53
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 May 2014
    Location
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Posts
    45
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by TapacUA View Post
    with front fog lights it's an easy solution for you. part 94708773 and 94708774 (left and right) get them and get a new head light switch with front fog light button (get the one with rear fog also) everything is pre-wired already.
    I'm looking for the front fog light that have build in LED lights, if not I'll get a LED conversion kit for H10 bulbs. (that' what they use)
    So I have looked up all of the parts I would need to add fog lights, which totals around $210. Im guessing the fog light grills and fog lights are pretty easy to install (they look like they snap in and out of place), but I was wondering if you knew how to replace the headlamp switch? It looks like I would have to remove the dash around it, but want to be sure. I'm always timid to take apart my cars (especially my newer daily driver, but was the same way on my Bond Z3) but if you know how or have done it before, I'd go for it. Thanks!

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #54
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 Dec 2012
    Location
    Jersey City NJ
    Posts
    38
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X Aero, '07 9-3 Aero Conv, had 9-3 Conv (99) 9000 (86)
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathannm View Post
    So I have looked up all of the parts I would need to add fog lights, which totals around $210. Im guessing the fog light grills and fog lights are pretty easy to install (they look like they snap in and out of place), but I was wondering if you knew how to replace the headlamp switch? It looks like I would have to remove the dash around it, but want to be sure. I'm always timid to take apart my cars (especially my newer daily driver, but was the same way on my Bond Z3) but if you know how or have done it before, I'd go for it. Thanks!
    yes, they are a snap in, few screws for the lights and thats it. I'm not sure about the switch, it looks like a snap in also, but not sure how to take out the old one. I will find out from the dealer next week. But dont rush yet, find out about the 2 switches, front and rear fog. Whatever the guy told you about rear turns on at 60 miles is a bull. Instrument panel has a rear fog light indicator (if you use a flashlight in dark or with a direct sun light you can see it) that will light up once its on in the back. Saab 9-3 has it. I drove with front fog lights on above 60 and the light for the rear fog never came on. Next week Im gonna have an oil change at the dealer, also the switch is on back order, once it's in I'll let you know.

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #55
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 May 2014
    Location
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Posts
    45
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by TapacUA View Post
    yes, they are a snap in, few screws for the lights and thats it. I'm not sure about the switch, it looks like a snap in also, but not sure how to take out the old one. I will find out from the dealer next week. But dont rush yet, find out about the 2 switches, front and rear fog. Whatever the guy told you about rear turns on at 60 miles is a bull. Instrument panel has a rear fog light indicator (if you use a flashlight in dark or with a direct sun light you can see it) that will light up once its on in the back. Saab 9-3 has it. I drove with front fog lights on above 60 and the light for the rear fog never came on. Next week Im gonna have an oil change at the dealer, also the switch is on back order, once it's in I'll let you know.
    Sounds good. It will be may before I do anything anyways (Grad School finishes up for the summer, which means I only have work [Side Note: never try and work full time during tax season AND go to school full time]). A guy has two brand new grill inserts with the fog light cutouts on ebay for super cheap, so I may order those, but will wait to order the switch and lights. I was looking at Caddy Parts the other day and the switch is the same, but I didn't see one with the rear fog light as well. I found a site that shows where the dual switch also fits the 9-4X (http://www.thesaabsite.com/search.ph...=12772186&vin= - you have to click show all parts) and just wanted to see if that is the same p/n you had. It is showing that the part isn't available in US, but they have it available from Sweden. It looks like (from diagrams I have been looking at for the ng9-5) you may have to remove the trim, then remove/replace the current switch, the replace the dash trim to replace it. Then again there is a reason I am not an engineer so what I am seeing may be completely incorrect. I think you were right about the 60 mph crap; He's a good guy to get parts info from (I try not to annoy Hendrick too much) but not so much for information. Let me know what the dealer tells you.

    0 Not allowed!

  6. #56
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 Dec 2012
    Location
    Jersey City NJ
    Posts
    38
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X Aero, '07 9-3 Aero Conv, had 9-3 Conv (99) 9000 (86)
    Thumbs Up:   0

    0 Not allowed!

  7. #57
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 May 2014
    Location
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Posts
    45
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Thumbs Up:   0
    I feel like this forum has became a "How to install fog lights correctly" forum . I was talking to another guy (met him on ebay, go figure) that installed the fog lights on his 9-4x and he said that he bought the fog light kit, which included the fog lights, grills, harnesses, and switch. When he had the dealer install it, because it wasn't an Aero (I believe he said he had Prem) they had to "put a plug in a panel in the engine because it wasn't the right one." He also had the dealership program the car for fog lights via the MIDI. If anyone can help me find out which plug this is (I'm on a budget and want to make sure I'm not going to tie up an extra couple of hundred I wasn't expecting) that would be great. I'm glad the switch finally became available TapacUA. Hopefully I can get these installed in the next few month or so.

    0 Not allowed!

  8. #58
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 Dec 2012
    Location
    Jersey City NJ
    Posts
    38
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X Aero, '07 9-3 Aero Conv, had 9-3 Conv (99) 9000 (86)
    Thumbs Up:   0
    I would still stick with a dealer installing it.. safer this way.
    The link above is not for the exact switch, it's similar, but I am still working on it, Saab dealer told me it's on back order, and advised to visit Cadillac dealer.

    0 Not allowed!

  9. #59
    Saab Fan
    Join Date
    04 May 2014
    Location
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Posts
    45
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Thumbs Up:   0
    Quote Originally Posted by TapacUA View Post
    I would still stick with a dealer installing it.. safer this way.
    The link above is not for the exact switch, it's similar, but I am still working on it, Saab dealer told me it's on back order, and advised to visit Cadillac dealer.
    I've been thinking the same thing. This will probably be a project for next year or sometime down the road. My goal for now is the Tow Hitch and fascia cover (if I can find it). Thanks!

    0 Not allowed!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 2010-2011 Saab 9-5 NG: service, repair, parts and reliability
    By nordwulf in forum Saab 9-5 (2010-2012)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 19 September 2017, 20:15
  2. Saab 9-3 reliability: better info
    By mkaresh in forum Saab 9-3 (2003-2014)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 27 September 2016, 14:53
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27 July 2012, 14:17
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23 July 2012, 14:07
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10 February 2012, 14:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:52.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.