Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    9-5 NG Aero-Biopowe / 900 T16S convertable /9-3 Cabrio / 96 two stroke
    Thumbs Up:   1

new member in Saab World.net

I have subscribed yesterday as a new member.
    I myseld do drive Saab cars since 1991 ( Saab 9000 CDI) and my wife did join me in 1997 ( Saab 900).
    We have since only driven Saab cars.
    Actually we do own three Saabs; my wife drives a 9-3 Cabrio and I myself do drive a 9-5 NG from 2010.
    For the nice and special moments, when we have all time in the world, we do have a 96 two stroke.
    I am member of the Dutch as well as the Belgium Saab Club.
    My interest in being a member of Saab World.net is to have contact with other Saab drivers all over the world.
    Look forward to an interesting time.

0 Not allowed!

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Thumbs Up:   2
    Hello Kochje, welcome to Saab World!

I am Renato, an American currently in Germany with the US Army, I have been meeting with Saab friends on the Frankfurt Saab Club, and the Franken Saab Club. I was actually going to attend Int Saab in Belgium this year, but my son was born two weeks prior and it would have been horrible for me to leave a new baby and mother to meet with Saabers. Perhaps next year I'll head to England for the next Int Saab!

I am jealous of you, as I like Belgian beer more than German... That two stroke 96 sounds like a blast to drive, like you said, a car for when you have all the time in the world and can just go out and enjoy the road!

0 Not allowed!
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Saab(s)

Belgium beer and the 96 Two stroke

Quote Originally Posted by rpiereck View Post
    Hello Kochje, welcome to Saab World!

I am Renato, an American currently in Germany with the US Army, I have been meeting with Saab friends on the Frankfurt Saab Club, and the Franken Saab Club. I was actually going to attend Int Saab in Belgium this year, but my son was born two weeks prior and it would have been horrible for me to leave a new baby and mother to meet with Saabers. Perhaps next year I'll head to England for the next Int Saab!

I am jealous of you, as I like Belgian beer more than German... That two stroke 96 sounds like a blast to drive, like you said, a car for when you have all the time in the world and can just go out and enjoy the road!
    Hi Renato,
    Next time you plan to come to Belgium; just let me know some time ahead.
    We might drink a good Belgium and if possible even do a tour in the 96.
    A pity you could not attend the meeting in Spa; but you were absolutely right that a newborn needs more attention at that time.
    I am not yet sure if I can make it in attending the next year's meeting in the UK but I will try.
    Regards.

0 Not allowed!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Thumbs Up:   123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochje View Post
    My interest in being a member of Saab World.net is to have contact with other Saab drivers all over the world.
    That's what the site was founded on. There are many Saab communities in each country but I like to be part of a global site as well. Especially in Europe, it seems Saab owners form all the different countries don't really get together online, mainly because of the language barrier.

I am Dutch and also hang out on Saabforum.nl. I have lived in the US for almost 20 years now but still go back visiting Europe at least once a year. I was actually in Antwerpen a few months ago because I hadn't been there for a very long time. Some of my favorite driving trips are through the Ardennes. I wished I visited a few months earlier so I could have gone to intSaab in Spa.

Welkom, I hope you'll enjoy it here.

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    Hi Frank,
    Wgen I first saw your name it was already obvios to me that you might come from Holland.
    I myself also do come from The Netherlands but live since 1972 in Belgium.
    I also do go from time to time to the Saabforum.nl and in Saabworld I already did find someone who lives nearby.
    I did sent him an invite already to become a friend.

I look forward to read and hear interesting stories and facts about Saab via this forum.
    Bedankt in ieder geval voor je welkomsreactie.

0 Not allowed!