Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Several! An '86 900, a '96 900, an '05 9-5...

Damaged key AND (likely) improper boost on 2006 9-3. Procedure???

Hello All! The title tells most of the story, doesn't it? This Sport/ Combi was brought to me, after the car had had its battery drained... and had been rained on with sunroof open! The subsequent boost didn't start the car. Customer then took the car to local GM dealership (with very limited experience with Saab)..... to no effect. Since coming to me, the CIM (and a matched key) was changed, as was the key "acceptor." No start. Then overrode the key acceptor (by releasing the spring assembly on the underside of the assembly) so that key could turn to On position. Now all the windows are closed!

But what might the next step be? Would an incorrect boost damage the ECM?

Will be very grateful for comments/ advice! rob

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 9-5 Aero, 2002 9-5 wagon, 2007 9-3 Aero, '93 9000 CSE, 7 vintage Saabs
    If you have a Tech2 I would start by reading all the codes and documenting in which systems they were stored followed by the code number and including the two digit descriptor. Were you able to successfully install the CIM and get it married?

On a side note... you can do a "forced key release" using the Tech2 under "All" then "Service" and "forced key release". That way you don't have to uncover the ISM to do the key release physically. It also lets you know that that portion of the ISM is still functioning, seeing that it probably got wet.

Mark G