Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    eturner
    Saab(s)
    2003 93 Linear

No low beam headlights

Hello all i'm new hear. I have a 2003 93 Linear. I discovered I have no low beam headlights. I replaced the bulbs H7 and still nothing< I have daytime runners, park lights, fog lights, and high beams. But no low beams. Could it be the headlight switch?

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Welcome to the SaabWorld

To be in position of (possibly) provide advice(s) we need to know whether your 9-3 is the "facelifted" or not. Is the SID in the middle - or top of the dash? The power supply regarding the low beams is quite different from one to the other.

eturner
    Saab(s)
    2003 93 Linear
    The SID is on top of the dash

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    Then it's the facelifted 9-3, with a little more complex headlights power distribution.

I am a little confused with regard to "I have daytime runners, -", as the Daytime Running Lights (DRL), when equipped, uses H7 bulbs in common with the low beams. If I understand this correctly, are the "DRL/low beam" bulbs lit when the light switch is in the 0-position , and not when it's in the "headlight position". When the switch is in the latter position, is the BCM receiving it by wire and transmitting the information on I-bus to the UEC, which outputs a Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) signal (power) to the bulbs.

So yes, if the DRLs are lit as above, and no "special" programming has been performed with the Tech 2 tool, is the culprit most likely the switch itself.

Is this something that has happened lately, or was the car acquired with it?