Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

NEVS - The Emily Project

https://www.plnt.se/nevs/

Google Translate from Swedish:

WITHIN NEV'S WALLS

NEVS has been the pride of Trollhättan and the mecca of technology since they acquired Saab's assets in 2012. At NEVS, several hundred incredibly competent engineers, both national and international, have gathered and developed advanced technologies for electric vehicles - we know that, but what has actually been achieved inside the walls has the public was not allowed to share. At least not everything. One of these super-secret projects produced behind closed doors, we at Plint have had the privilege of seeing very closely. In the spring of 2020, we received a request from a development manager at NEVS to follow and document a unique project – a super sports car named Emily.

The purpose of Emily was to build a car that showed the advantages of using "in-wheel" engine technology and it would be a car built from scratch. The project began in December 2019 and ten months later a complete car was driven out on the test track. A car ahead of its time, with advanced features and a dynamic design that we have never seen before.

UNCOVERING: THE EMILY PROJECT

Since then, the entire project has been classified as secret, but today, three years later, we finally get to share the materials we produced during the course of the project. We have exclusively documented the car's entire production – from the drawing board to the test drive, where every little detail is thought out and carefully selected. We filmed, photographed and created an instruction book (coming soon) that describes how Emily is built on NEV's heritage, experience and expertise, and is the ultimate combination of traditional craftsmanship and modern 3D printing. Emily is the concept car that, with a dedicated team of talented engineers, became a fully functional test vehicle.

Below you will see our documentation from this spectacular project, divided into chapters so that you will have an experience as similar to ours. Thank you NEVS for giving us the honor to follow this project. A project we will describe as one of the coolest we have experienced and use as a reference case for many years to come.

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    Nice but wheels are too big for real world driving, too much touch screen use for safe driving, and headrests are thinner than what looks safe. I also don't like the way the trunk lid is. It looks too prone to damage from the car behind when the other car is trying to parallel park. I like the simplicity of side mirrors, not some sort of electrical device or camera.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    It looks like they were close to a production model. i can only imagine the disappointment to hear the project is shut down after working 3 years on this.

Hao
    Saab(s)
    08 9-5 Aero;97 9000CS 2.0t(Sold out)
    As a former advisor to NEVS, I am not very familiar with this project. A very mysterious project that may be the last lifeline of NEVS. But I don't think NEVS still has the ability to mass produce this car. 80% of the Troll factory has already been sold, with only 20% of the area held by NEVS itself. The production line and testing site of our car model have been dismantled.
    Saab's financial situation has been poor since a few years ago, and funds have been scarce since GM left, making it even more difficult to transition to NEVS. That's why a real estate company was introduced for investment, but it seems that Evergrande has no intention of promoting it. It is more likely to focus on production qualifications and existing factories. At that time, I completely lost contact with NEVS.