Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    1997 900 Convertable Monte Carlo Yellow

I've been asked to introduce myself & my past Saab History

Hi everybody.

I've just joined Saab World, and recently purchased a early model 1997 Saab 900 2.3 Convertible in Monte Carlo Yellow. Some may ask WHY !!!!
    Well, I first began working with Saab Sweden in 1986, I was working in Germany and I had the chance to work on the Saab factory IDS (International, Diplomatic & Military Sales) with US forces stationed in Germany.
    I had a background in automotive design and build, and it suited the Saab program ideally as we simply built the Car Sales order for the Customer, it was a fantastic program and fantastic people. I was promoted to a Factory agent within 11 months and in 1990 hired as a personal consultant to the VP in Sweden.
    Anyway, I promised myself I would not ramble on about my Saab days unless others are interested. SO, why a early 97 900 convertible in Monte Carlo Yellow, well I first saw this Car as a artist impression which together with the VP we presented to the Swedish Ambassador in Kuwait late 1991. Now in my later days I found one and it appears to be a UK limited edition and I'd like to make contact with anybody who can help me find out more information please.

Best regards

peterk

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Interesting Saab history, thanks for sharing. Please ramble on as much as you wish.

Do you have the '97 Mellow Yellow version? http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=503

The Monte Carlo Yellow 900 was made in very limited numbers.

The Monte Carlo Yellow '97 900 convertible was built in very limited numbers, 350 cars were built for global distribution

Saab(s)
    1997 900 Convertable Monte Carlo Yellow
    Thanks for the comments. No its not a Mello Yellow, it appears to be a limited edition version in the UK (Saab City did this a lot) it has the high rear spoiler (without the center support) in Yellow, wooden dash, CD changer in the Boot / trunk.
    I'd like to track the Chassis number, does anybody have any suggestions ????? I'd like to establish how many of these were sold in the UK in 1997, yes I'm aware they only produced 350 convertibles that year for the entire world market, so using Saab logic equation, most will have gone to the US I'd estimate over 200cars, that leaves 150 for europe possibly. So I'd expect the UK to get maybe 40 to 55 convertibles.

Re my Saab factory history, I'll gather some thoughts but it would help if you guys give me some pointers of which subjects would interest everybody most.

Br Peterk