Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    900, 9-5, 9-3

Saab 9-5 2001 will not start

I have Saab 9-5, 2001 Which ran when I parked it and left it unused in my driveway during winter (perhaps for a few months). Then I could not get started/ no response of any kind. Dead Battery. I tried with a good battery and when I try to start, it will turn the engine but did not start. I added some gas into the tank. No action. Next day I tried, engine is being turned but it will not start. When I try to do it again it will not respond at all. So, it gives me only one chance but will not start. I read somewhere that it must be theft unit in front of the left front wheel. I changed that and when I turn the ignition key on I can hear it busing. When I try to start I get only once chance to get engine engaged and turning , but still it will not start. Can anyone help me please get to the bottom of this and get my car started? Thank you.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    9-5 S Wagon-01
    Apart from the "one shot" turn of the engine it sounds like my problem with the CPS (crankshaft positioning sensor)
    http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=648
    http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=32246

But, since it won't crank or "react" as you turn the key it might be the ignition switch or the wiring.
    Could try manipulating the gear shift lever a bit and try if that changes how it reacts.
    Also give the key unlock button an extra press when you try to start it next time.

Sorry I can't be more help. The vets here probably have a few ideas...